Spring is a great time to give your lingerie drawer a good spring cleaning. Many women find themselves holding onto ill-fitting and tired pieces. Organizing your lingerie drawer is an easy task that will make getting ready in the morning a breeze. Here are a few tips.
Sort through what to keep:
- Try on every bra in your drawer. Throw out bras that are worn out and have lost their stretch. Donate bras that you never wear but that are still in good form or that are uncomfortable on you.
- The wire should lay flat against your chest, the bra should not ride up and should be snug enough around your ribcage to give you good support.
- The fabric should still retain good stretch in both the band and the straps.
- If you are unsure if a bra fits well or is worn out, bring it in and we will give you our honest opinion.
- If a bra is still in good shape but slightly too big or small on you, tuck it out of the way in another drawer. Many women find that their weight fluctuates up and down by 5 lbs. A bra that is in good shape may be worth hanging onto.
- Go through your underwear and discard any pair that is worn out, uncomfortable or ratty looking.
Arrange your lingerie:
- Put strapless bras and other pieces that you just wear occasionally at the back of the drawer.
- Separate your bras into nude, dark & colour piles. Further separate each pile of bras by nesting you wear the most at the front and bras your wear the least at the back of each pile.
- Most women wear their dark bras less in the the spring. If that is the case with you place your dark bras further back in your drawer. Give the priority placement in your drawer to your nude and pretty colour bras to pair with your spring and summer wardrobe.
- With your underwear, keep the pairs that you wear a lot at the front of the drawer (your Hanky Panky's, your cotton panties and so forth). Place special pairs that you wear more occasionally at the back of your drawer (seamless Commando panties, shape-wear and so forth).
For a little added romance place a lavender or rose satchel in your drawer to keep all your delicates smelling sweet. Some women prefer cedar balls for their woodsy scent and moth deterring properties. We promise that a little spring cleaning will go a long way in making your life easier!